Wednesday, September 24, 2014

I have found myself lately falling back into the habits that I have been trying to change this year. Little things, but they add up. Answering an email as the bell rings for class to start. Sitting at my desk when students are doing independent work, thinking about my to-do list when I should be planning or teaching. Things that after a while add up and take away from my students. I have to keep what I want in front of me. I want the students to see me focused on them and their class, not distracted by everything else going on. If I don't take the class seriously with 100% focus, why should they? I know that is how their mind will work. So, I just need to come up with a way to remind myself what I want to achieve - complete focus on my classes when they are here...maybe I'll make myself a little sign...

Image from tattooant.com

No comments:

Post a Comment