Thursday, September 25, 2014

Todo Acerca de Mi

I finally finished a bulletin board I've been working on since the first day of school :) I found the images at Classroom Connection in an "All About Me" bulletin board pack - luckily they had Spanish translations for everything. I had the students fill out index cards (well, half sheet index cards. I had them cut the cards in half) about their favorite of each topic - TV show, Thing to do, Food, Book, Sport, Color, and Subject. Then they filled two out for their birthday and pets. I collected them all by topic and just finished assembling them around the topic pictures on the bulletin board. You can see what each student wrote and their name. It was a great way for me to get to know my students and them to know each other. The binders you see are the students' cubbies, so they see the bulletin board everyday. It is nice to see them ask each other questions about things they see the other students liking on the board. I was really surprised when I went through them by the variety of answers - especially in the books and tv shows. It is a great way for me to find ways to relate information back to the students and their interests. It will be nice to see how parents react when we have Open House next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment